DO NOT HOT LINK!

Take Out all stuffs here with FULL CREDIT (url)

Jeon Ji-hyun Attempts Major Transformation in Action Movie

>> Friday, May 22, 2009

Actress Jeon Ji-hyun has made a foray into action movies by playing a leading role in the movie “Blood,” which opens June 11 worldwide. In “Blood,” which marks Jeon’s Hollywood debut, she appears wearing a school uniform and flying in the sky on wires. Her new role stands apart from her previous roles of sexy and sassy gals.

In an interview on May 12, Jeon said her role in “Blood” proved to be more challenging than she thought, but that she was lucky to try it with the help of foreign filmmakers who didn’t know her well and thus gain new experience.

“Blood” is based on the same-titled Japanese animation by famous cartoonist Mamoru Oshii. It is a multinational project overseen by producer Bill Kong, who produced “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” and “Hero”; director Chris Nahon, who produced “Kiss Of The Dragon”; and director Corey Yuen Kwai of “Transporter.”

Jeon plays a 16-year-old half-human-half-vampire girl who is ordered by a government agency to destroy vampires. The actress said that, although it was difficult to act in an action movie, it was a very fascinating experience in hindsight. “Now I understand why so many actors keep returning to action movies though they promise to never do it again while filming,” added Jeon.

Jeon said, "Many people know me as sexy and innocent-looking, but that’s frustrating to me. That is of course my fault as well, because I’ve failed to show off a more versatile side of me as an actress. Though I don’t attach prior importance to creating a certain image of myself when choosing a role, I would like to appear in an action movie again if I have a chance.”

“Blood” drew particular attention because it is Jeon’s first role in a Hollywood production. The actress says it was enormous pressure for her because she wanted to meet her fans’ expectations but that she was proud to be part of a multinational project as a Korean and Asian. She appears strongly determined to expand her presence overseas by appealing to foreign audiences through acting.

Jeon said, "I have been dreaming of debuting overseas and I hope everything turns out well. I want to show that Korean actors and Korean culture in no way lag behind. To actresses like me, who face a language barrier, an action movie is an ideal genre for debuting abroad. It was risky, because I had never tried it before, but I believe I can handle it well and it’s worth the try."

The filming of “Blood” had already been finished in Argentina and China even before the filming of the movie “A Man Who Was Superman,” which opened last year, began in those countries. But it will open no earlier than next month because of all the finishing touches that need to be made.

Jeon says she was embarrassed to play a 16-year-old wearing a school uniform but adds jokingly that she looked good. She said, “I don’t mind wearing a school uniform. It looks fresh and viewers will like it.”

Jeon said, "As I become more mature, I can easily become engrossed in my roles even without any special training. Aging is a beautiful process for an actress. I don’t need to rush things in terms of my career.”.

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP