DO NOT HOT LINK!

Take Out all stuffs here with FULL CREDIT (url)

Gianna Jun in Singapore

>> Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Press Conference at Capella Hotel, Sentosa Singapore.


27 May - Korean star Jun Ji-hyun, famous for her 2008 romantic flick "My Sassy Girl," has undergone a name change to Gianna Jun for her Hollywood action film debut "Blood: The Last Vampire." The producers were afraid that the international audiences might not be able to pronounce her Korean name. Gianna who plans to keep the name for the rest of her career explains, "My Korean name is Ji-hyun and my friends and family back home calls me Ji-hyun-a. So I decided to have my English name as Gianna because it sounds similar." In the movie, Gianna plays Saya, a 400-year-old half human, half vampire who goes around slaying vampires and the evil patriarch of them all, Onigen. The film is directed by Chris Nahon ("Kiss Of The Dragon") with action choreography by Corey Yuen ("Transporter 2," "X-Men").

The 28-year-old actress-model appeared in Singapore on 21 May 2009 as part of her promotional tour and sparked interest with the press regarding her toned figure. Gianna, together with the help of her translator, described how she spent her training in China and Argentina preparing for the film's many action sequences. "I started off with the basic physical training of doing repetitive kicks, and after a while, it got a bit boring. But when the filming started, things got interesting. There was never a point where I was ready before filming as I had to practice the stunts and train throughout the whole movie." Gianna, who previously could only run 10 minutes on the threadmil, now proudly says that she can run for over an hour due to her intense training.

For her many dangerous stunts, she praised Corey Yuen for his professionalism in choreographing the action scenes. "His training was precise, gentle and well choreographed that I didn't really sustain any major injuries. Everyday was a challenge because it was not easy to perform the stunts while being strapped up on wires."

However, the stunts weren't the only challenge for her as she confessed difficulties in expressing her emotions in English, which she had to learn from scratch. "It was very awkward for me to express myself in English, but I've learnt a lot from the beginning to the end as I repetitively practice the language." She also explained why she was interested in an action film as her Hollywood debut as it required more physical action than conversing.
Not wanting only to commit to Hollywood films, she said, "What's most important for me is the script and the character. As long as I can feel for the story and the character, it doesn't matter if it's a Korean movie or Hollywood movie." It has been revealed that she is currently in talks of starring in a Korean film as her next project.

credit: www.cinema.com

2 comments:

Anonymous June 18, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

Thanks for posting
I love JJH & her big fan.

Anonymous June 18, 2009 at 11:50 PM  

sassyjjh@gmail.com > my e-mail we can talk all about JJH ^^

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP